Your heating system needs to be maintained so it can continue to work well into the New Year. While the dawn of a new year means a chance for a fresh start, it’s also a time of low outdoor temperatures, snowfall, and breeze that threatens to turn everything into ice. You cannot afford to lose heat right now, so it’s time to make some resolutions. Sure, maybe you think making resolutions are frivolous. Most of them are broken a few weeks into the year, right? But with your heating system, it can mean all the difference in how comfortably you live this season. A lack of attention to your home heating may prove your downfall this winter and bring you a wide range of problems that will make 2017 a year you’ll wish to be over in a hurry.
For example, if you do not seek repairs or system upgrades, you may encounter reoccurring system breakdowns that will see you spend plenty of money on repair and, eventually, furnace replacement. There will also be a greater risk of safety hazards like home heating fires and carbon monoxide exposure, which can put the well-being of your family at risk. So, yes, making resolutions for the New Year may seem useless but with risks this severe, it is practically a necessity at this time of year.
How Can Arco Comfort Air Help You?
Fortunately, Arco Comfort Air will be here to help you usher in the dawn of a new year with ease. Our heating contractors will be available all season long to provide you with high-quality service ensuring your heating needs are met. Even if it’s just a matter of a few minor repairs, a call our way will guarantee any heating woes are fixed before your home is subjected to the harshest weather this winter. With our help, you will experience all sorts of benefits with your heating system that will carry on for a long time to come. You can reduce your monthly spending on energy bills, extend the lifespan of your home’s heating system, and most importantly, you will improve the safety of your family by reducing or eliminating fire hazards. You will also relax so much more knowing you won’t experience a heating system breakdown during the coldest nights of the year. You may be celebrating your start to 2017 with a huge party and there is no better way to keep that party going than with a call to Arco Comfort Air.
7 Resolutions You Need to Make
No two sets of resolutions are the same but if you want to ensure the best heating possible for 2017, we’ve compiled a list of the 7 HVAC resolutions you must make for the next 12 months:
- I will call for an annual furnace tune-up: You should be calling for a furnace tune-up once a year to ensure any lingering issues in your heating system are fixed before they turn into something much worse. Some homeowners will skip this step entirely and then wonder why they are paying so much on heating repair throughout the year.
- I will change furnace filters monthly: Allergens can quickly accumulate in air filters, which can cause particular problems if there are any allergy or asthma sufferers are sensitive to elements floating in the air. Changing air filters monthly will prevent excessive buildup, maintain air flow, and preserve the efficiency of the system.
- I will upgrade to a programmable thermostat: Programmable thermostats give you greater control over the amount of heat going into your home by allowing to set the temperature exactly to your liking. They are far more efficient than regular thermostats and will do wonders for your energy costs.
- I will seal air leaks: Before the colder months begin, you need to give your home an inspection to determine if air leaks are present. After all, air leaks will prove one of the most major sources of heating loss throughout the winter, namely in your basement and attic.
- I will do research before hiring a technician: Before you right head in hiring the nearest technician you can find for service, you should instead do your research to determine if they are the contractor right for your home. Check the company’s website and customer reviews to gain a further understanding of their reputation.
- I will check for signs of carbon monoxide: Carbon monoxide is a deadly yet odorless gas that can leak out of your heating system if not properly maintained. Carbon monoxide detectors are essential, as they will alert you of a problem at smallest traces of the gas. Be sure to check its batteries annually, and have a certified technician check your home professionally at least once a year as well.
- I will upgrade to high-efficiency systems: If your current heating system is not providing you energy-efficient heating anymore, you should upgrade to a new model immediately. With a new system, you can experience reduced energy bills and increased safety. Not to mention, new heating systems work quietly and for a longer time compared to older models.
Keep Your House Warm This Season And Take Care Of Your Heating System
Contact Arco Comfort Air today if you want to ensure high-quality heat for the next 12 months with your heating system!