Faucet repair – when do we actually know if it’s needed or not? Usually, homeowners believe they can easily fix their faucet by turning the knob a little one way or tightening it. However, after trying that method out for awhile every time you’re done using the faucet, you notice the leaking continues, and tightening the nozzle or turning it one way isn’t so effective anymore. Now you’re frustrated and it’s upsetting because you could very well be wasting dollars on water based off a simple faucet leak. Now it’s time to sit back and think about why exactly your faucet keeps leaking, which is why Arco Comfort Air has drafted seven reasons why you’re dealing with a leaky faucet and why it might be time to call a plumber for faucet repair.
Faucet Repair with Arco Comfort Air
Did you know that you could be wasting thousands of dollars due to a leaking faucet? That is why the plumbers here at Arco Comfort Air want to help stop the problem for you before it is too late and you’re already paying off a high water bill. At Arco Comfort Air, we understand the importance of saving money and doing so with high-quality service. We know that when it comes to your home, you want nothing but great service, which is what we provide each day. When our customers call us for plumbing repair, our contractors are readily prepared to handle anything you throw our way. So, don’t hesitate to take advice from us, and learn about what could be causing that headache of yours due to that dripping faucet.
The Benefits of Faucet Repair
Most of the time, when homeowners are dealing with a leaking faucet, they’re not noticing the underlying effects and damages from it. Unsightly water stains can become one of those problems for you. Without regular maintenance, water stains can become one of the most arresting issues that will deal with. Like many people, you will never feel satisfied with your sinks cleanliness unless it is completely stained free. Having to remove water stains each time you clean your sink too can be daunting and increase the time it takes to finish taking care of it. If your sink’s drain is blocked or if the stopper is down, that leaking faucet can turn into a small flood, and that is one scenario no homeowner ever wants to see. That is why the quicker you address the leaking faucet problem by scheduling a faucet repair, the better your sink will be. By knowing the causes for your faucet’s continuous leaking problem, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you can dissect the problem right as it happens. You won’t have to live in fear and hope you won’t come home to see a small flood. The money you pay for a faucet repair will be well worth your time and save you more on utility bills.
Seven Causes for Leaking Faucets
- Damaged Parts – Your faucet is designed with several parts that if they become damaged, can instantly cause leakage. Compression type faucets are ones that separate hot and cold handles, which also is used for washer machines as well. Often, sustained damaged to compression faucets can cause them to leak.
- Worn Out Cartridge – Cartridge faucets are designed with a stem cartridge that is mobile. When that cartridge goes bad, a leaking faucet ensues.
- Water Pressure – Reduced water pressure of some faucets can stem from a broken pipe. If the first two cases for faucet repair don’t apply to yours, then it could be that a broken pipe is interfering with your faucet’s water pressure. A professional plumber should check the pipes if this is the case.
- Fitting – Along with broken pipes, a fitting that is not in good shape could also cause your faucet to leak. Clips and valves that are worn out can allow water to drip continuously.
- Hard Water Build Up – Hard water does not only affect the look of your clothes, but it can also cause a leaking faucet. The chemicals you find it hard water can wear away rubber washers that are designed to prevent water leakage.
- Failing O-Rings – Faucet handles all have a stem screw to hold it in place and there is either a small disc or O-ring at the end of it. Through time, that O-ring will become damaged, loose, or simply wear out, causing faucet leaks.
- Loose Handles – As you know, faucet handles get used a lot. Over time, you might notice them becoming loose and having to adjust it constantly. Eventually, that loose handle could turn into a telltale leak if moisture near the handle builds up. Scheduling a faucet repair will do the trick.
Even though it doesn’t seem like an emergency now, a leaking faucet is a chronic problem that should be addressed as soon as possible. Don’t wait another day and call the experts at Arco Comfort Air today for faucet repair!