Leak Can Cause Structural Damage to Your Home
This unit was located on the second floor of this customer’s house and was leaking through the ceiling. Any sort of leak can cause significant structural damage to a home and must be addressed as soon as possible.
Here are some potential reasons why this problem occurs:
- The condensate pump is defective.
- The pump tubing is clogged with debris.
- The condensate drain, trap or pan is blocked.
- There are broken fittings, a broken pipe, or joints have become loose.
- The humidifier is either leaking or has filled more than capacity.
- The evaporator coil is either dirty or needs to be replaced.
- You have kinked, cracked or rotted tubing.
While most air conditioner problems should be taken care of by a professional, there are some potential causes that you may be able to take care of yourself. Check to see if the suction line is properly insulated. If it’s not, it will allow condensation to drip to your floor. You can easily find the right insulation at your local hardware store. Also, check your floor drain to make sure it has not become clogged with dirt.
Call Arco today if you see any sort of leak in your indoor air conditioning system.