Why AC Maintenance Matters
Keeping comfortable in the summer months is all about keeping your AC up and running. For the same reason that you perform preventative service on your car for mechanical issues, you always want to have your AC undergoing regular maintenance to catch and remove the problems before they cause a major inconvenience. One thing we can guarantee is that, when it gets hot out, there is never an opportune time for your air conditioning to break down! When it crashes, it’s always the worst time to not have AC. That’s why you should call Arco Comfort Air for routine tune-ups. We’ll give you affordable maintenance and peace of mind, so you’ll be comfortable this summer, guaranteed.
What Happen Without Maintenance?
If you don’t provide proper upkeep of your AC system, you could incur costly and unnecessary repairs. If not cleaned, dirty coils and air filters can block air flow, causing insufficient distribution. Faulty wiring can cause intermittent shut-downs and sporadic performance. In fact, there’s a whole host of problems that can arise in your AC system: fan problems, leaks, frozen lines, and temperature deficiency all come as a result of wear and tear over time.
What Should You Expect From Your Routine Tune-Up?
Deciding to schedule routine check-ins for your AC, especially with the trusted Arco technicians, is the correct first step. But what should the process be from there? A professional technician will be able to perform the entire maintenance on their own, but you should at least be informed so you know what is happening.
When we come in to do your maintenance, here’s what you can expect we’ll do:
- Check safety controls
- Clean and replace all air filters
- Check and clean blower components
- Confirm proper air flow is emitting from vents
- Perform inspection of electric connections and wires
- Perform calculation of volts and amps
- Perform testing and calibration of thermostat
- Check refrigerant for proper pressure and levels
- Monitor the air conditioning start-up
- Perform inspection of any moving parts and lubricate, if necessary
- Clean and inspect condensate drain, evaporator coil, and condenser coil
- Compare temperature differences
- Check all circuit breakers
- Perform a visual inspection of outside unit
- Perform testing of capacitor and relays
- Perform inspection of fan belts and blades
- Perform a complete cooling cycle
If you call Arco Comfort Air, you won’t have to worry about any of these potential problems. You’ll be all set to go in the summer with your properly maintained AC equipment, and your home (as well as your life!) will be better off for it.