At the First Sign of No Heat, It’s Time to Consider Replacement
Every winter morning you wake up expecting your home to be almost as warm as it was under your covers, and almost every winter morning that’s what you get. But, there may come a time when getting out of bed is harder because your home is just not as well heated as it used to be, and chances are it’s because there’s something wrong with your furnace.
Furnaces, like everything else, are not built to last forever and eventually you will need to upgrade. You don’t want a cold, winter morning to be the time when you realize your time has come, so watch for the warning signs that your furnace needs replacing before it breaks down on you.
Signs You Need a Furnace Replacement
- No heat: Obviously, not having any heat or having inconsistent temperatures around your home is a clear sign that your furnace isn’t running as it should be.
- Age: The average life expectancy of a furnace is about 16 to 20 years. While they may continue to function after that time, their efficiency level will steadily decrease until eventually, it stops working altogether.
- More dust: Older units can’t moisturize and clean the air in your home so if you notice more dust, drooping plants, or cracked furniture, it’s probably because of your furnace.
- Strange noises: Abnormally loud sounds coming from your furnace should sound some warning bells.
- Higher gas and electric bills: As furnaces age, they obviously lose efficiency. This means that they run harder and longer only to produce the same amount of heat. This means you end up paying more money in energy bills.
- Constant repairs: If you find yourself always calling in an HVAC repair technician to fix your heating problems, then you are wasting money. Repairs are a good temporary fix, but will quickly add up. This is especially true if you have an older unit that will just be replaced soon anyway – might as well take the leap now!
Take action now before you are left in the cold. Call Arco today to schedule your furnace replacement!