Do you have a forced air furnace? If your furnace is working properly in the middle of this hard, cold winter, that’s excellent! But there’s another part of your HVAC system you’ll need to be aware of this season:
What’s going on in your ventilation?
You probably don’t really think about your ductwork very often, but if you’ve been experiencing allergies or poor indoor air quality this winter, it may be time to start thinking about duct cleaning and how it works. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) recommend that you invest in duct cleaning service when you notice any of the following:
- Coughing or Sneezing (Allergies Out of Season)
- Visible Dust, Dirt, or Contaminants in Ventilation
- Uncomfortable Indoor Temperatures (HVAC not working properly)
- Foul Odors with Heat or AC are On
There may be irritating particulates in the vents. Sometimes, rodents or other infestations can build nests in ductwork that you would otherwise never even see! But luckily, the experts at Arco can help.
Duct cleaning service can eliminate the contaminants being distributed through your home through the ventilation and dramatically reduce your allergy symptoms or discomfort.
How Duct Cleaning Works:
Our duct cleaning specialists’ first step is to inspect the level of build up happening in your ventilation with specialized cameras. We can determine whether pollen, dander, dust, and other contaminants have become an issue to your heating system and to the air quality in your home.
Then we use specialized duct cleaning tools to vacuum out the particulates, dust, and dirt, leaving your ductwork clean once more! There are many advantages to having clean ducting, but the two most important are as follows:
- Better Air Quality– You’ll finally be able to breathe fresh, clean air in your home again! Your forced air system has been stirring up all of those bad particles and may even be housing mold and mildew…having those materials out of your home will help you feel better and breathe easier.
- More Efficient Heat– Filters need to be routinely replaced, but the quality of your ductwork goes deeper that that. If you have partially blocked or completely obstructed ducting your forced air furnace can’t do its job! Duct cleaning can help.
So call the Arco Comfort Air professionals to learn more about duct cleaning, and start living better today!