As we all know, when energy costs are on the rise, it only adds another layer of stress to your life. Plus, the winter season already sees its fair share of problems, such as heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures ready to turn anything into ice. The last thing you want to deal amidst all that nasty winter weather is high costs on monthly bills. If you heat your home without any regard to how much money it’s costing you, you may find yourself spending an entire winter worrying about heating costs as opposed to actually enjoying the season.
If you want to climb out of that financial hole, our Cleveland heating service is here to show you how to get the job done. We know just how important it can be to save as much money as possible this season, and we want to ensure you’re not spending another dime! In fact, we’re ready at any point this season to give you advice on how you can save on energy and get more joy out of the season!
What Does Our Cleveland Heating Service Recommend?
Want to know how to save money on those pesky energy bills? Take a look at these 7 tips to ensure your winter will be the most cost-efficient to date:
- Lock doors and windows: To prevent air leaks, lock all doors and windows. This way, you are not wasting any valuable warm air that could be used for other purposes.
- Keep furnace clean: Check your furnace filter monthly and replace or clean it when it becomes dirty to ensure lower energy costs and healthier indoor air quality.
- Don’t rely on exhaust fans: Exhaust fans can move hot air out of any room and out of your home, so only use them when you absolutely must. Use sparingly.
- Turn down water heater temperature: Since water heaters make up between 14 and 25 percent of your monthly heating bill, it’s wise at this time of year to turn down your water heater temperature so you save more on heating. This also keeps hot water from verging on scalding.
- Use ceiling fans: You probably use ceiling fans during the summer, but did you know they can be used effectively during the winter months? Ceiling fans turned clockwise will trap heat in your home and keep rooms warmer.
- Turn down the thermostat: According to the United States Department of Energy, you can save upwards of 10 % per year on heating by simply turning down the temperature by 10 to 15 degrees overnight.
- Open the curtains: When in doubt, use a bit of sunshine. The outdoor temperatures may be lower than ever, but the sun is still shining, so open those curtains and allow the sunlight into your home. It’s effective heating for absolutely no cost!
Contact Arco Comfort Air today if you want to learn more on how you can save money thanks to advice from our Cleveland heating service!