When the winter wind howls and the snow starts to fall, your furnace is suddenly the most valuable piece of equipment that you own. If it fails, you’ll not only be left shivering in your own home, but you may be forced into a dangerously cold situation. To ensure that that doesn’t happen, Arco Comfort Air provides reliable HVAC services that their clients trust to solve all of their heating problems. You need to be confident that your furnace will make it through winter without any interruptions, and the only way to do that is to adopt a regular cleaning routine. Arco Comfort Air specializes in furnace cleaning in Moreland Hills, and they’re here to share these tips to make the process as efficient as possible.
- Check Your Environment: Every time you work with a gas appliance, there is always risk of a leak or fire. Before you start, take proper safety precautions to avoid serious injury. Make sure that the power system and connecting circuits are all turned off. Next, check for any leaks. If you suspect a gas leak, immediately call a professional.
- Replace The Filter: The filter is the only thing that is stopping debris from entering the furnace and affecting its efficiency. When the filter becomes dirty or clogged, it can’t do its job. Replacement filters can be found at most home improvement stores, and the whole process is an easy, inexpensive way to keep your furnace from malfunctioning.
- Clean The Blower: Once you replace the air filter, cleaning the blower is your next step. Any dirt and dust that escapes through the air filter will end up in the blower. Use a damp cloth to thoroughly wipe down the blower, pulleys, and belts.
- Clean The Vents: In order to properly heat your home, your gas furnace is connected to a ventilation system. Over time, those vents collect dirt, dust, and other allergens that will block airflow and create a safety hazard. Use a long handled brush to clean the vents and the vent covers.
- Check The Thermostat: Some of the most common furnace problems have to do with a malfunctioning thermostat. If you’re not satisfied with the temperature of your home, check the settings on your thermostat. If the thermostat is telling you one thing but the air in your home is telling you another, it’s time to replace the thermostat.
Furnace cleaning in Moreland Hills may be the difference between spending your winter warm and comfortable and dealing with the stress and expense of a malfunctioning furnace. With expert technicians and years of experience, Arco Comfort Air is your best resource for heating tips, advice, and service. Call them today to schedule an appointment or learn more about furnace cleaning in Moreland Hills.