Heating maintenance will save you tons of moneys on bills this season, and still manage to keep the entire family warm. Unfortunately, there are several homeowners who refuse to do anything with their heating system at all, under the belief they won’t experience any heating issues during the colder months. These are the same homeowners who wind up paying the ultimate price for not being attentive of their heating needs. Their negligence leads to higher spend on heating bills, which can take a significant amount of money out of your savings when you consider over half of your home’s energy budget already goes toward heating. Making matters even more difficult is that you simply cannot go without heat through the fall and winter. It is a necessity like any other, and you need to make sure your family is equipped with comforting heat when the temperatures drop. The juggle between effective heating and efficient heating may prove a challenge but there is a way around it. Contrary to what some homeowners may think, you do not need to be a licensed professional to maintain your heating system. Sometimes all it takes is a few actions on your end to ensure you save money and stay warm once the weather takes a turn for the frigid.
Calling Arco Comfort Air for High-Quality Service
Arco Comfort Air is here to provide you with any heating service this season that will ensure all of your heating needs are met. We can carefully inspect your heating system to ensure any small problems looming on the horizon are fixed. Even just making one quick phone call to receive our service will provide so many benefits. First and foremost, you will save tons of money on heating bills and be able to gear your savings toward other activities through the fall and winter. You will also experience an extended heating system lifespan, so you don’t have to worry about a furnace replacement for years. This could potentially save you thousands of dollars on a new system. And perhaps most importantly, you will have a reliable source of heat keeping the entire family comfortable for the entire season. Once your family’s needs are being met, you will be able to enjoy the colder months worry-free.
How Can You Maintain Your Heating?
If you want to know how you can play a role in keeping the cost of heating bills down to a low, please take note of these 6 heating maintenance tips:
- Turn down the thermostat to 68 degrees: Lowering the temperature to 68 degrees may seem counter-productive during colder weather. You need all the heat you can get, right? However, contrary to popular benefit, it will actually ensure your heating system doesn’t expend so much energy to produce heat. You’ll be much more thankful for it when you notice the lower cost on your heating bill.
- Clean or replace furnace filters: You should replace your furnace filters once a month during the fall and winter. Over time, your furnace filters will become blocked with dirt and debris, forcing the furnace to work even harder in producing warm air. Once you clean filters, you can expect a better air flow and greater savings on utilities, as the flow of heat from your furnace will uninterrupted.
- Reduce water heater temperature: Your need for hot water may intensify during the colder months, which is why water heater maintenance is important. It may also prove beneficial to turn down the temperature on your water heater by a few degrees. This will both ensure your water heater spends less energy on heating and keeps hot water from verging on scalding.
- Seal air leaks: Air leaks are the number-one cause of heating loss. Before the cold weather settles in for the season, you should make a point to inspect your home for leaks, primarily attics and basements. From there, seal up any leaks with heating tape to ensure heat remains inside your home.
- Insulate your home: Homes without insulation are much more likely to lose heat during the fall and winter. Though insulation may have an upfront cost, it will provide more cost-efficient in the long run, as it will ensure you are losing less heat. It is especially important to insulate attics and walls, as these will prove to be the areas where you lose the most heat.
- Consider a programmable thermostat: Upgrading to a programmable thermostat will prove a highly effective way to save energy, as it will provide you greater control over the climate in your home. If you set your thermostat so it raises the temperature in the morning and cools it down at night, it will help you adjust the amount of heat you’re getting based on the time of day.
Stay Ahead Of Heating System Problems – Schedule A Heating Maintenance Service Today
Contact Arco Comfort Air today if you want to ensure you stay warm and cost-efficient this season with excellent heating maintenance!