Furnace service is a must at this time of year, right when the weather takes a turn for the cold and snowy. If you feel like your heating system is not working up to par, you need to take action immediately in ensuring those problems are fixed. Whether it’s a furnace installation, repair, replacement, or even just a maintenance check, it can mean the difference between a season of steady heat and one full of discomfort. But before you just run right out there and get to work, you need to separate the facts from fiction when it comes to home heating. After all, myths have been swirling around about heating systems for years. These myths run the gamut of installation, repair, and even regular maintenance. You may even believe a few of them right now and don’t even realize it. When you factor in the average cost of furnace repair ($300) and installation (close to $4,000), one wrong move on your heating system may result in significant money loss. When you’re already trying to save as much money as possible on heating this season, it can be a real detriment. If you want the truth about heating, you should make a point to contact your local heating contractor to get the facts. By learning more, you will have a better sense of just what it takes to keep your home comfortable and family satisfied throughout the winter.
Why You Should Call Arco Comfort Air Today
Arco Comfort Air is here to make sure your heating needs are met before the winter weather gets a hold of your home. Our heating contractors are the most experienced and personable around. They will consult with you before any service work begins to ensure you are getting the right service. In addition, they can teach you what mistakes to avoid when trying to heat your home and save money. After all, they’re an experienced group, with years of service behind them to know what methods of efficient heating work and what simply doesn’t cut it. Once you receive our help, you can expect a more comfortable home and that you will be able to live without worrying whether heating costs will be too high. Even better, you will have a better sense of what “facts” on any furnace service out there are complete lies and instead know the truthful way to effectively heat your home.
Top 6 Common Furnace Service Myths
So, what’s true and what’s false? What’s really heating your home effectively and what’s making you shell out a few dollars more than necessary? Throughout this winter, please refrain from believing any of these half-truths:
- “I Have Plenty of Time to Find a Furnace” Your furnace isn’t working anymore. You just have all the time in the world to replace it, right? Absolutely wrong. If your heating system dies out before winter, you need to get it replaced immediately. There is so much you need to consider when installing that waiting any longer may result in you spending plenty of cold nights in your home without a reliable source of heat.
- “I’ll Just Replace My Furnace with the Same Brand” So let’s say you do make the call for replacement in time. It’s just a matter of replacing the system with the same brand, right? Again, wrong. Your heating needs have changed since you last purchased a furnace. That same brand may not be able to meet them and you should instead keep an open mind to switching it up.
- “Closing Vents Will Reduce Heating Bills” Some homeowners will close the vents and think that this will be the easiest to keep spending on heat down to a low, but they are sorely mistaken. Closing your vents will instead keep heat from blowing into a particular room, even though it is still being pushed out by the furnace. This will both use up more energy and prevent certain rooms of the household from getting completely warm, ensuring you spend more on furnace repair.
- “Cold Spots are Normal” You may notice at some point during the winter that some rooms in your home feel colder than others. Don’t fall into the mindset that this is a normal occurrence. Cold spots are indicative of inconsistent heating in your home, either because you have a faulty heating system or its air filters need to be changed. Have a professional at Arco provide a furnace tune-up for further inspection.
- “It Costs More to Raise and Lower Heat” Raising and lowering the temperature on your thermostat may seem like it will cost you more on heating bills, but it will actually prove to be a money saver since it will keep you from using more heat than necessary. Lowering the temperature on your thermostat by a few degrees before leaving leave the house for the day will ensure your heating system doesn’t have to work so hard to produce warm air.
- “Install It, and Forget It” If you threw dinner in the oven, would you simply forget about it and leave it to burn to a crisp? Of course you wouldn’t, and the same can be said for your furnace. You should call for an annual furnace tune-up once a year from a professional to ensure any small issues are fixed before they worsen, ideally right before the winter begins. You should also check your furnace regularly for any visible issues requiring you to call for repair service.
Avoid The Harsh Cold Weather – Schedule A Furnace Service Today
Contact Arco Comfort Air today if you want to keep your home warm this season thanks to our high-quality furnace service!