Dominion Energy customers can now qualify for rebates of up to $1,250 if they make certain improvements to their homes. Not only is the energy company offering to put cash back into its customers’ wallets, but the qualifying improvements will also help its customers save on their home’s energy costs without sacrificing comfort or long-term value.
Dominion Energy Ohio’s Home Performance with ENERGY Star® Program will help customers evaluate their heating systems, insulation levels, windows, doors, and water heater. If you wish to take advantage of certain rebates, we at Arco Comfort Air can provide the services you need to take full advantage of this program!
Read more below about some of the rebates offered through Dominion Energy Ohio’s Home Performance with ENERGY Star® Program.
Heating System Rebates & Requirements
- Natural gas furnace 96%+ AFUE – $400 rebate value; maximum of two per house
- Natural gas boiler 90%+ AFUE – $200 rebate value; maximum of two per house
- Duct sealing – $200 rebate value; UL 181 Mastic another permanent sealant, must have a natural gas furnace, can’t exceed the cost of the measure
Water Heater & Water-Saving Rebates & Requirements
- Natural gas storage water heater – $75 rebate value; maximum of two per house, energy factor greater than or equal to 0.67, must hold 40 gallons or more
Building Shell Rebates & Requirements
- Attic or ceiling insulation – $0.30 per ft2 rebate value; up to R-44 and at least 8 inches per ft2 or dense-packed in enclosed, must heat with natural gas, rebate caps at $450
- Wall insulation – $0.30 per ft2 rebate value; must be dense-packed if enclosed, rim joists and crawlspace to R-13, attic knee wall requires minimum R-13 with attic side sheathing, must heat with natural gas, rebate caps at $450
- Floor insulation – $0.30 per ft2 rebate value; R-25 or greater floor insulation outside of building envelope, must head with natural gas, rebate caps at $450
- Duct insulation – $0.30 per ft2 rebate value; R-8 or greater outside of the building envelope, R-6 or grater inside the building envelope, must heat with natural gas, rebate caps at $450
- Pull-down stair insulation – $30 rebate value; R-13 or greater, fully air-sealed, air-impermeable insulation, maximum of two per house, must heat with natural gas
- Air sealing – $200 rebate value; blower door guided air sealing strongly recommended, permanent sealant must be used; temporary materials such as rope caulk and plastic window coverings do NOT qualify, must head with natural gas, can’t exceed cost of the measure
- Replacement windows – $200 rebate value per window; ENERGY STAR rated for region, must heat with natural gas, up to 25 windows can qualify
- Exterior doors – $75 rebate value per door; R-4.4. or greater, must heat with natural gas
Qualifications for Contractor-Installed Measures
Before customers can claim their rebates, they must complete a comprehensive home energy assessment by one of CLEAResult’s energy auditors.
Any improvements must be those that are recommended by this assessment and only a participating contractor like Acro Comfort Air can perform the work to install the improvement measures. Improvements must meet the program’s minimum requirements. The maximum rebate value any single home can qualify for is $1,250, but at least $75 is required.
Customers have one year from the date of their home energy assessment to apply for a rebate, but the application must be filed within 90 days from the date of work completion.
Have More Questions? Give Us a Call!
If you have any questions about how you can take advantage of Dominion Energy Ohio’s Home Performance with ENERGY Star® Program, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Arco Comfort Air! We can provide the advice and services you need to claim the energy rebates you need to put cash back into your wallet.