What Maintenance Is Needed for Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless water heaters are amazing modern innovations that can help those with hot water demands exceeding the capacity and capabilities of a system. Tankless systems are usually sleek, compact, and easier to care for than traditional water heaters, and they are ideal for both homes and businesses. While tankless systems are low maintenance and generally easy to care for overall, they do require some upkeep to ensure you maximize the lifespan of your appliance. A simple maintenance schedule can prevent an early system failure because a well-maintained system can easily enjoy a twenty-year lifespan, which is double that of a conventional water heater. Industry experts advise annual maintenance for your tankless water heater, but you may need bi-annual maintenance services if you live in an area with hard water. Regular maintenance can ensure your system components are in good shape, too.
Services Commonly Included in Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
Tankless water heaters don’t store water, so maintenance isn’t as complicated as traditional units. Residential and commercial tankless water heater maintenance typically includes:
- System Flushing: The tankless water heater will need to be flushed annually to rid the system of mineral buildup. If you have hard water, you may experience faster mineral deposits. When minerals are allowed to fill up in your system, it can negatively impact the energy efficiency of your tankless water heater. Flushing your system will improve system performance but using it while it’s filled with minerals can lead to reduced lifespan and higher energy fees.
- Air Filter Replacement or Cleaning: Tankless water heaters have air filters installed that should be cleaned regularly. If the filter is beyond cleaning, you may need to replace it. If your system has been maintained in the last several years, it should be easy to clean the filter with a brush, soap, and water. Once you clean the filter, it must be completely dry before returning it to the water heater. Don’t let your filter become so soiled it cannot be cleaned because it will need to be replaced.
- Water Filter: While you’re cleaning the air filter, the water filter needs to be checked as well. Your water filter is another line of defense against hard water. Most tankless systems have a water filter, which is a screen that traps sediment found in your water. Sediment allowed to stay in your system can negatively impact the function of your system, restricting the overall usability of your tankless system. The system will need to be disconnected from your water supply, and the filter will need to be cleaned with soap and dried completely before reinstalling.
- Tank Cleaning: Your tankless water heater is a much smaller system than a traditional water heater, and while it’s smaller and doesn’t store water, it still can accumulate dirt, dust, and debris. A dirty system can cause countless issues and impact the efficiency of your system. You can clean your system by disconnecting power and water. The tank needs to be cleaned with a cloth to pick up any built-up grime on the system.
Arco Comfort Air is an Elite Service Provider
By regularly scheduling maintenance for your tankless water heater, you can ensure the system operates efficiently. In addition to these main tasks, our
Cleveland (let’s not limit potential customers to Cleveland only)
tankless water heater specialists will also inspect your system components, including pipes and valves. At Arco Comfort Air, our expert technicians will also thoroughly inspect your system to ensure there are no signs of system problems, like leaks or rust.
- We offer 24/7 emergency services
- We offer award-winning customer service
- We are an A+ accredited BBB service provider
- Our trucks are fully stocked and ready for anything
- We have highly trained and educated service providers
If you need assistance with this maintenance, Arco Comfort Air can help! As a licensed plumbing company, our trained professionals have many years of experience servicing tankless systems.
For tankless water heater maintenance in Cleveland or a nearby area, contact Arco Comfort Air today at (216) 220-2566!