Tankless water heaters are renowned for their energy efficiency when it comes to providing hot water throughout your home. When deciding on whether to purchase a tankless water heater, you have two choices:
- Whole-Home Tankless Water Heaters
- Point-of-Use Tankless Water Heaters
What Do These Tankless Water Heaters Have in Common?
Both share some technologically advanced characteristics that will save you hassle and money:
- Energy Savings: You’ll conserve energy by only heating on-demand, rather than consistently heating a tank of hot water like traditional water heaters require.
- Cost Efficiency: You’ll have lower bills due to the energy conservation factor and the less maintenance they require.
- Smaller/Versatile Size: Since they’re the size of a tiny travel suitcase, you can install them inside or outside, improving your space efficiency on your property. They also aren’t a big eyesore in your home.
- Significant Longevity: On average, tankless water heaters last 5-10 years longer than traditional tanks.
What Sets These Tankless Water Heaters Apart?
Here are the specific differences you need to know between the two:
Whole-home tankless water heaters can be located anywhere in your home meaning that when you turn on a faucet or an appliance, the water will not be immediately hot because it needs to travel to get to you. After it arrives, it will remain hot for as long as you want.
Point-of-Use tankless water heaters provide instant hot water because they are strategically located near any desired faucet or appliance in your home. But they don’t provide an endless stream of hot water because they are designed to conserve the most water and energy as possible.
So which one is best for you?
It just depends on what you want. In general, go with a whole-home tankless water heater if you want endless hot water, and don’t mind waiting for it to heat up. Go with a point-of-use tankless water heater if you’d rather instant hot water as soon as you turn on the faucet, just not endless. Again, both are energy efficient, but point-of-use tankless water heaters are the most conservative.
To help you further determine the right tankless water heater for you, feel free to call us as well with any questions or concerns!
It’s also important to mention that all tankless water heaters already meet the new nationwide efficiency regulations being administered by the Department of Energy on April 15th, so no need to worry about that either.Call Arco today to choose the right tankless water heater for you and we’ll begin the process right away!