Save Money and Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Everyone enjoys saving money. That’s probably why extreme coupon-ing has become such a rage in households all across the country. But reducing your grocery bill obviously isn’t the only way to do it. At Arco Comfort Air, we have years of experience helping homeowners reduce their energy bills. Here are five easy tips that can save you money and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time. Start saving today!
1. Let the breeze in. The simplest way to cool and ventilate a room is also free. Save energy by leaving the air conditioner and fans off when you can.
2. Replace incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent ones. Fluorescent bulbs use 75 percent less energy than the incandescent variety. While they take a little longer to reach full brightness, the savings will be worth it.
3. Wash your clothes in cold water and hang them out to dry. Your clothes will be just as clean and you won’t’ be using energy to heat the water. Drying clothes on an outdoor clothesline not only saves energy, the sunlight will help kill lingering germs, bacteria and dust mites that escape the heat from standard dryers.
4. Watch your thermostat. Lower in winter, higher in summer is a good rule of thumb when setting your thermostat as seasons change. A setting of 68 degrees should keep your home comfortable enough when heating. Throw on a sweater if you get cold. Try a setting of 78 degrees during cooling months. Every degree you change from your usual setting correlates to about one percent in your energy bill.
5. Cover your windows. If you close your blinds and curtains or lower your shades, you can keep out heat that enters your home from sun exposure.
Now that you have the facts, don’t hesitate, call Arco Comfort Air today!