Boiler Problems Won’t Wait Until Morning, Why Should You?
Just because you’re asleep in the wee hours of the morning, doesn’t mean your boiler is. We know that emergencies can happen at any time, that’s why we make ourselves available all day, any day.
Now that winter is here, it’s even more important for your boiler to be working efficiently all season – and all night – long. You don’t want to be without heat or have inconsistent temperatures throughout your home.
Boilers are one of the sturdiest pieces of HVAC equipment out there and are normally very safe, and reliable, appliances. But, if you have an older model or one that has been out of commission for a while, it may develop some problems.
Common Boiler Problems
- Pilot light consistently out
- Frozen condensate pipe
- Thermostat issues
- Hearing strange banging, whistling, or gurgling noises
- Radiators not getting hot
- Unit keeps switching itself on and off
- Loses pressure
When you call Arco Comfort Air for your emergency boiler troubles, here’s what you can expect from our technicians:
- Replace thermocouple sensor failures
- Perform boiler system flushing to clear mineral deposit build-up
- Repair faulty valves
- Troubleshoot and repair kettling: In case you are unfamiliar with this term kettling is – When the flow of water is restricted (because it’s trapped in the boiler’s heat exchanger), it becomes too hot and starts to steam, boil, and expand. This causes a kettle boiling noise.
- Repair expansion tank problems
- Fix lack of heat
- Fix radiator problems
- Locate and repair water leaks
- Fix frozen lines
- Flush clogged lines
- Repair poor insulation
- Replace faulty pilot lights